Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Painting Lord of the Rings. (Radaghast the Brown)

I have been painting a lot of Lord of the Rings miniatures lately. (Blame Mike) I have been trying some different painting techniques. Been looking at a lot of turtorials. One I found that I really like is from a site called tale of painters

taleofpainters.blogspot.ca

His tutorials are very detail and extremely well done.

I did not buy all the citadel paints as I have a lot of Vallejo. So I just looked at the colour and did some mixing.

I was trying to achieve something close to the Games Workshop picture.



















This is an awesome picture so I do not think that I can fully achieve this. I have done a better job with the eyes. (basically had to use a lens on a lens to really get the details)

So this is what I was able to achieve using the 28 step approach of tales of painters blog.























Hope you like.

Painted: 1
Total for 2017: 328
Working on:  Goblins, Cave troll, 5 Grants tanks, some Heavy gear space ships.

1 comment: