Monday, June 26, 2017

Painting Goth Army for next SAGA campaign

Mike pick up a Goth four point starter set from Footsore miniatures when he was at fall in. Very nice miniatures. He gave me the choice between Goth's and Late Romans. I decided to go for Goths since I did not have any mounted troops in my SAGA collection.

Goths from Footsore miniatures

It took me about one month to paint 26 miniatures mounted on horses. As usual I paint mostly with Vallejo paints and use shades from Citadel.

This is my entire force.

This force comes with two Hearth Guards and two Warrior Units.

Close up of the Hearth Guards.

Close up of the Warriors

Close up of the War Lord

Painted: 26
Total for 2017: 144
Working on:  Another 4 point Goth Saga war band.

Sunday, May 7, 2017

War of Spanish Succession painting British Update 2

I am ready to play a game of Maurice. I have finished the remainder of my little British Army. It took me about 5 weeks to complete.

The following picture is my Cavalry (3 Units)

The next picture is my Infantry (5 Units)

A Picture of my Command markers (3)

The last is a picture of my entire Army.

Remember these are 6 mm figures, so not much detail.

Painted: 23
Total for 2017: 118
Working on:  4 point Ostrogoth Saga war band.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

War of Spanish Succession painting British Update

I have finish painting 12 Infantry and 2 Artillery bases.

This is the entire force so far.

A closeup of the artillery Unit

Closeup of the first Infantry Unit.

Closeup of second Infantry Unit

Closeup of third Infantry Unit.

So I have 10 Cavalry bases and 8 more Infantry bases to complete.

Painted: 13
Total for 2017: 95
Working on:  6 mm war of Spanish Succession British Army pack
Projects in the cue: 4 point Ostrogoth Saga warband.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

War of Spanish Succession painting British

I have started my War of Spanish Succession project. Mike gave me a British Army pack and some additional line infantry from Baccus 6mm.

Baccus 6mm

First time painting 6mm, so it will be interesting. This is my first base. We will be playing with Sam Mustafa Maurice rule set. So I need 4 bases for one Infantry Unit.

This base is comprised of 6 strips. It takes about 2 hours to paint these and mount on base. I used 12 different Vallejo colours for this unit. (Flat red, dark blue, dark flesh, lemon, German cam brown, Red leather, white, sky grey, Mahogany brown, natural steel, beige brown, and flat brown)

This will be exciting to play since it is the first time playing a 8th century war game.

I have 16 Units of foot Infantry, 6 Cuirassiers Units, 4 Dragoon Units, 4 Artillery Units, and 3 Command Stands.

So I have 6 out of 421 stands completed. If I paint at my current speed that is 140 hours of painting. I don't think I should have calculated this. A little daunting.

Painted: 1
Total for 2017: 82
Working on:  6 mm war of Spanish Succession British Army pack
Projects in the cue: 4 point Ostrogoth Saga warband.

Flames of war miscellaneous Stuff

So I have finally finished painting the Flames of war miniatures that I bought from Bernhard last summer. The following are some British models.

The following pictures are the Russian models.

and finally some Russian Snipers with pin markers

Painted: 18
Total for 2017: 81
Projects in the cue : 6 mm war of Spanish Succession British starter set and a 4 point Ostrogoth Saga warband.

Friday, March 24, 2017

Painting Bolt Action

When you buy the second edition German book you get a free medic.

Painted: 2
Total for 2017: 63

Flames of war miscellaneous German Stuff part 3

The last items I bought from Bernhard was a German Mortar Platoon (late war)

I also painted some German bailout soldiers. This is a thing they had in the early sets.

So basically instead of using a bail out marker you would use one of these soldiers.

Painted: 9
Total for 2017: 61