Monday, November 27, 2017

Painting Lord of the Rings. (Goblins from Moria)

So as you know Mike and I have been on a Lord of the Rings painting spree. I have mostly painted goblins and Thorin's Company as this came in a box set.

Mike gave me some goblins from Moria to paint. Can't really beat that price, so I decided to keep on painting some Goblins. The goblins from Moria are very different than the Goblins in the Mountain, so I checked a couple of You-tubes and settled for this one.

Painting Goblins from Moria

I like to follow step by step approaches. Not much of a paint from a picture and guess the paints.

The biggest problem with painting Lord of the Rings is that all the how to files use Citadel paints. Kind of makes sense as Games Workshop sells these miniatures.

Anyway, I usually use a colour conversion chart in order to match the paints. If I can not get a match I just look up the citadel paint colour and mix my vallejo model color to as close as I can.

The paint I used for the Goblins are

Skin = Middlestone Vallejo 882
Armour = Dark Gunmetal from my Team Yankee collection. If you do not have then mix Gun metal Vallejo 862 with some black.
The undergarments are painted with Flat Red, Vallejo 957.

Once you have the model painted I used the Nuln Oil shade. This is basically a black shade. You paint the entire model with this shade. Kind of gives a dirty look.

The last step is to highlight. You highlight the highest point of each colour. The cheap way to highlight is to add white to the colours above.

Here is what it looks like















Again I just followed the You-tube link above. Not really hard.

Painted: 23
Total for 2017: 351
Working on:  Eagles, Cave troll, Grants tanks, Heavy gear space ships, Elves, Evil men, Hunter Orcs, and Fimbul.

No comments:

Post a Comment