Sunday, December 27, 2020

Painting tutorial Elephant from gripping Beast for SAGA

I have been asked a lot of questions on how to paint using contrast paints.

I decided to make a painting tutorial using mostly contrast paints. I will post the picture with the colour I used and add some explanation.

After cleaning the model you need to prime it. I usually use Quick Colour from Rust-oleum, that can be found at Home Depot. For this model I used Chalked ultra matte paint (Aged Grey) from Rust-oleum.

After priming I used Basilicanum Grey for the skin and Blood Angels Red for the blanket. (Citadel)


You have to drybrush some Sky Grey 989 from Vallejo on the skin to lighten the colour a little.











Then I painted the straps with Snakebite Leather.











I forgot to mention, but I did the base with Vallejo ground texture (Rough Grey)

I painted over the ground texture with Gore-Grunta Fur. Then dry brushed with Iraqui Sand 819 from Vallejo.










Then I painted the shields with Iyanden Yellow











Next I painted the tusks with Skeleton Horde from Citadel. You might want to dry brush white to make it lighter. I did not.











The next step was the metal ring around the enclosure. I painted this with Old Gold 878 from Vallejo










Next step was to paint the red lines on the shield. I used Flat Red 957 from Vallejo. You must use a very small brush.

















I then painted the strips on the blanket using the same gold and a very small brush.











I then painted the eyes with matt black.











The last step is to add some green blend turf with glue.










I also painted the edge with Flat Brown 984 from Vallejo.
























Painted: 1

Total for 2020: 437

Working on: SAGA (Carthaginians)

Backlog: Dana SP 152 mm Battery (Team Yankee)


Total for 2019: 299
Total for 2018: 375
Total for 2017: 392


No comments:

Post a Comment