Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Painting Flankpanzer IV Wirbelwind (Bolt Action)

I picked up a Flankpanzer IV Wirbelwind miniature at the Multizone in Gatineau. They actually had lots of Bolt Action stuff.

I started by priming using a mat black spray can from home depot.

Then, I used my air spray gun to paint using Dark Yellow (XF-60) Tamiya, then used it for the Flat Brown (XF10), then NATO Green XF-67. I then used a little Buff XF-57 to add some weathering. I painted the tracks and guns with Gun metal. (XF-10).

I also used a little black XF-1 for some scratches and added rust using Vallejo model wash for rust effects (75.507).

Before adding the decals I gave it a gloss finish. Then added the decals, then gave it a mat finish.

About 3 hours of work. This is the result.




















Painted: 1

Total for 2019: 188

Working on: Crannogman trackers for Games of Throne
Backlog: Samurai Pirates

Total for 2018: 375
Total for 2017: 392

No comments:

Post a Comment