Sunday, June 5, 2016

Trojan campaign first day game 2

For the second game I was matched with an equal renown warrior. Duncan had a slightly higher renown. I think he had 14. I had 12. We were both able to have two divine interventions.

The game starts with choosing the aggressor. Duncan won the roll. Next we see if the defender wants to "parle". We both had two hearth guards that were wounded from the last battle. No reason to "parle".

Next the aggressor rolls for the scenario. Duncan rolled for the Assault at Dawn. This is from the crescent and cross rule book. I had never played this. Basically we put counters on the field of battle vice our units. So we have no idea what we are attacking till we get 6 inches from the counter.

This was very different.

Duncan advanced in the woods and I advance just out of reach.




















You can see two counters on the near left. One of my hearth guards and one warrior unit have been discovered. I was being really cautious as last game I almost lost my hero one turn 2.

The Second turn Duncan attacks with his large hearth guards. He uses his divine intervention to make an extra move with no fatigue, but I use my divine intervention to counter charge. My hearth guard does surprising well and kill many stands.

Duncan warrior allows him to make several moves without taking any fatigue. He decides to attack my hearth guards and makes them retreat. He becomes bold and attacks my warriors. Somehow my warriors had the hand of god guiding there strikes. They manage to strike down the hero.

The next turn I finish off another unit and Duncan's forces are on the retreat.this unit. The gods continued to smile at my warriors and I ended up killing all Duncan's units minus his levies. The game ended when I killed his last warriors. I finished with an additional 14 renown (3 minor victory, 4 for killing 4 units, 2 for winning against a higher renown, 1 for taking out opposing warlord, and 4 for loot.) for a total of 26. I am now in the category Opening Epic book.

We then rolled for casualties. I had two hearth guards that are too badly wounded to play next game.





2 comments:

  1. Dan Attack look interesting, hopefully will get to try that out sometime. This campaign is turning out to be more fun then I had thought either way. Nice job on the models by the way.

    On the Divine Interventions, you actually also get one for every game you win, so I think you should have had 4 unless you lost some, and to be fair they are pretty easy to loose. Also my thinking was that you didn't have to choose what the benefit was until you used it but I am not sure of that at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good round of SAGA...

    ReplyDelete