Saturday, February 3, 2018

Helms Deep terrain for LoTR

A while back I decided to make Helms deep for the Lord of rings game we have been playing (Mike and me)

I did a lot of research and found that Onyx's had already atempted this. See his awesome link.


This is what his project looked like



















He made this out of dental plaster using Hirst Arts blocks. Some other research from LoTR sites.




























So this was the inspiration. I had an old Styrofoam spa cover that was 10 feet by 5. So the intent was to use this for most of my requirements. This project took me about one month to complete. I decided to build this in four 2 by 3 feet boards.

Here is a closeup of each board. 






















Here is a look of the complete terrain piece.













































A couple of closeups of the keep.
































The toughest part by far was the Hornburg. (The giant tower)

Hope you enjoy.

Painted: 0
Total for 2018: 0
Working on: Jovian wars space ships


5 comments:

  1. Awesomeness is the word I would use to describe this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serge, that is f'ing amazing...great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Serge, I also had a similar project in mind so would like to discuss this at the next meeting if you will be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. I will be at the next club date. Who is this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great, the green grass was a good call!

    ReplyDelete