Saturday, December 9, 2017

Painting Lord of the Rings. (Palace Guards)

So it seems that I have been on a Lord of the Rings painting spree. FDB were selling so left overs so I picked up a bag of Palace Guards and Wood Elf Warriors. I tackled the Palace Guards first. The picture I was trying to match comes from Games Workshop.

























My bag only came with 6 of the ten models. My next step was to see if anyone had advice on painting these miniatures. I found the following website.

palace-guard-painting-guide

This was a 37 step painting guide that I mostly used.

This was the results.



Some closeups




















Again I mostly used Vallejo paints even though the guide uses a mixture of many types.

Painted: 6
Total for 2017: 365
Working on:  Wood Elves, Hunter Orcs, Fimbul, and Heavy gear space ships


2 comments:

  1. They look really good Serge. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. The problem is I can not really use them. Need to buy a lot more stuff from the Thranduil Hall list. I thought the Wood elf warriors I am painting were from the same list, but they have their own lists. Looks like I have a lot more painting to do.

    ReplyDelete